Valentine's Day Wines At Central London Wine Society In the Civil Service Club

 The club meets regularly every month on Wednesdays and in 2026 Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday, so the club enjoyed tasting wines on the Valentine's Day theme in advance - and in time to be inspired to buy some for Valentine's Day.


Angela Lansbury at the Central London Wine Society meeting.

The Central London Wine Society met at a Civil Service Club meeting room for a meeting on the theme of Valentine's Day.

We told the story of St Valentine, quoted Chaucer and Shakespeare on the subject.

We tasted wines whose labels featured Romeo & Juliet, Champagne Jean Valentin, Sanct Valentin, and Château Valentin.

Our starter wines were two sparklers, a Prosecco and then a Champagne. The Prosecco was a Prosecco Brut, but not to dry for me, 11%, maybe why it had less of a kick than the Champagne which followed which was 12.5% alcohol, and more pleasing to most of those in the room.  (I am a Prosecco drinker, easily satisfied.)



Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Please share links to my blog and your favourite posts.


My latest book, Embarrassing Moments, is on Amazon. Have a look at my books.


Valentine's Day: comical poem by Angela Lansbury

Name a few things you can't resist

Chocolates, roses, your hand kissed 

I'm excited seeing sequins

I'm delighted buying bargains


In romantic candle-lit rooms

Slowly breathing in heady perfumes

Sparkling water, wine or Champagne

Bubbles say I love you again!


If you still need a Valentine

Find one who wants to pass the time

Match-making at singles dinners

Propose marriage, wedding winners


One day this thought climbed in my head

At my age I ought to be wed

Dating singles was not fun

With number two practise wedding one


I must admit that I'm surprised

We're still here fifty years done

Although we argue every hour

Drink wine, coffee and carry on


The secret is to send good wishes

Hand-made cards, wash glasses and dishes

Good wishes to all Valentines

Hope yours will last as long as mine.

-ends-


Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring Your Own Bottles To Suruchi Indian Restaurant - No corkage on Buffet Tuesdays!

Lebanese Date Drink and Duck Wrap at Zufa in London, England

Wine Companies Tantalizing Tastes And Vineyard Visits Revealed At The London Wine Fair